1000 sq ft, fully solar-powered recording studio, with 4 isolated areas plus a beautiful conservatory area, all with tons of natural light. 24 channel SSL console, Protools 12, brand new 32 i/o HDX rig, extensive outboard gear and a superb range of mics. Waves, Komplete 10, percussion, guitars, amps, Fender Rhodes and a Yamaha grand piano all included.
With acoustic design by Roger D’Arcy of Recording Architecture, the four integrated studio areas take up the entire top floor of one building. The studio is fully solar powered – the first in Europe – and was built using a high level of recycled materials. All equipment, including air conditioning, operates on low energy supplies. The studio comes with its own lounge/conservatory/roof terrace.
Recording Clients include George Ezra, Gladys Knight, Julian Joseph, Eliza Doolittle, Chip Crawford, Paulo Nutini, Lily Rose, Michael Bublé, Anna Calvi, Lapsley, Dexys, Jamie T, James Ford, Florence And The Machine, The Puppini Sisters, Jocelyn Brown and many others.
- ATC 20ASL
- ATC 50A
- Yamaha NS10-M with purpose built amp
- Mackie HR626
- Headphone Distribution – Hear Technologies Hearback 6 ch individual mix stations
1 x Telefunken Elam 251, 2 X Neumann U87, 1 x Brauner Valvet, 2 x Neumann M147, 2 x Telefunken AK47, 2 x Telefunken MD-421, 1x Coles 4038, 2 x Coles 4021 Ball & Biscuits, 2 x Geffell M300 (matched pair), 2 x RCA 5B Ribbon, 1 x Bang and Olufsen BM3, 1 x Royer SF12 (stereo), 2 X AKG 414, 3 X AKG 451, 1 x AKG D12, 1 x AKG D112, 2 x Sennhesier 604, 1 x Sennhesier 602, 2 x SE3A, 1x EV RE20, 2 x Neumann KM184, 5 x Shure SM57s and 4 x Shure SM58s.
700 square foot acoustically designed isolation room with natural light, floating floor, drum and vocal isolation booths.
Piano: Yamaha C3 series acoustic grand (No hire charge. Tuning, if requested: £50)
Drums: Gretch 5 piece kit (£25 per day)
Guitar Amps: Orange / Marshall, Vox / Fender
Bass Amps: Ampeg / David Eden / Warwick / Orange
You are welcome to use your own or to hire one of our experienced in-house engineers. Please call to discuss!
“The cleverest studio in Europe!” Bob Rose, Legendary US engineer/producer (Beach Boys, Todd Rundgren, Loudon Wainwright III etc)
Console & Workstation
- SSL AWS 900 – 24 CH analogue desk with DAW controller function with full SSL automation and total recall options.
- Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard Summing Mixer – 12 CH valve summing mixer.
- ProTools HD2 TDM System (2 x 192) 24 I/P + 24 O/P
- Burl b2 Bomber DAC
- Apple Mac G5 – Dual 2G processors
- Emagic Unitor 8
- 2 X Tascam DA78HR
- Tascam MX2424 System
- Tascam DA30II DAT Recorder
- HHB CD Recorder
- EMI Chandler TG12345 Curvebender Mix Bus EQ
- EMI Chandler TG12413 Zener Limiter
- Lexicon 300L with LARC
- API 3124+ 4 stereo mic pre
- Manley Vari Mu Compressor
- Wunder Audio PEQ2
- Pendulum OCL-500 Vacuum Tube Compressor
- Massenburg GML 8200 Stereo EQ
- Universal Audio 2-1176
- Urei Model 545 Parametric EQ
- 2 x EMI Chandler Germanium Pre Amps
- 1 x Bell Digital Reverb
- 1 x Klark Teknik DN780 with Remote
- Thermionic Culture – Early Bird 4 – 4 Ch Mic Pre
- Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Amp
- Thermionic Culture – Mastering Phoenix Valve Compressor
- Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor
- Neve Portico Tape Emulator
- Neve Portico Tape Emulator
- 2 x dbx 160 compressors
- TL Audio Dual valve EQ1
- 2x Lexicon PCM70 multi effect processors
- Eventide H3000-D/SE Ultra Harmoniser
- Digitech Studio Quad – dual stereo effects processor
- 1 x API 10 Way 500 Series Rack- 2 x Burl B1 Pre Amps, 2 x Burl B1D Pre Amps, 2 x API Classic VP312 Pre Amps, 2 x OSA MP-1 Pre Amps, 1 x Little Labs Voice of God Proximity Effect / Pre Amp
- TAB / Telefunken v 374a Pre Amplifier
- Thermionic Culture Freebird – Valve EQ
- Thermionic Culture Nightingale – Valve vocal chain and compressor.