Recording Studio A
1000 sq ft roof-top recording studio with 4 isolated areas plus a beautiful conservatory area, all with acres of natural light. 24 channel SSL console, Protools 12, brand new 32 i/o HDX rig, extensive outboard gear and a superb range of mics. Waves, Komplete 10, percussion, guitars, amps, Fender Rhodes and a Yamaha grand piano all included.
With acoustic design by Roger D’Arcy of Recording Architecture, the four integrated studio areas take up the entire top floor of one building. The studio is fully solar powered – the first in Europe – and was built using a high level of recycled materials. All equipment, including air conditioning, operates on low energy supplies. The studio comes with its own lounge/conservatory/roof terrace.
Recording Clients include FKA Twigs, Bad Bad Not Good, Gladys Knight, Julian Joseph, KT Tunstall, Tourist, Tom Jones, Wandering Hearts, Jamie Cullum, Portico Quartet, Spotify, Eliza Doolittle, George Ezra, Madeleine Peyroux, Tony Visconti, Lethal Bizzle, Chip Crawford, Izzy Bizu, Johnny Flynn, Denys Baptiste, Ian Shaw, Paulo Nutini, Pussy Riot, Niko B, JP Cooper, Darius Brubeck, Beth Ditto, Tom Odell, Lily Rose, Michael Bublé, Anna Calvi, Lapsley, Dexys, Kate Simko, Jamie T, James Ford, Laura Mvula, Neil Cowley, Florence And The Machine, Zak Abel, The Puppini Sisters and many many more.
- ATC SCM 25 Pro
- Yamaha NS10-M with Bryston amp
- Focal CMS 11 inch Sub
- Headphone Distribution – Hear Technologies Hearback 6 ch individual mix stations
1 x Neumann M149, 2 X Neumann U87, 1 x Brauner Valvet, 2 x Neumann M147, 2 x Telefunken AK47, 2 x Telefunken MD-421, 2x Coles 4038, 1 x Coles 4021 Ball & Biscuit, 2 x Geffell M300, 1 x Bang and Olufsen BM3, 1x Neumann KMS105, 1 x Royer SF12 (stereo), 2 X AKG 414, 1 X AKG 451, 1 x AKG D12, 2 x senheisser 201, 1 x AKG D112, 1 x Sennhesier 604, 1 x Sennhesier 602, 2 x SE3A, 3 x Neumann KM184, 4 x Shure SM57s and 4 x Shure SM58s. Various trash mics.
700 square foot acoustically designed isolation room with natural light, floating solid oak floor and custom hand built quadratic diffusion, drum room and vocal isolation booth with full sight-lines.
Instruments and Amps (No hire charge)
Piano: Yamaha C3 series acoustic grand (No hire charge. Session tuning, if requested, charged at cost.)
Drums: Gretch 5 piece kit
Guitar Amps: Orange / Marshall / Vox hand wired AC15/ Fender Deluxe / Fender twin / 5 watt Silvertone Hi Fi
Bass Amps: Ampeg / David Eden / Warwick / Orange
Synths: Juno 6 / Yamaha CS5 / Korg MS200 (Available on request)
Guitars / Basses: Fender Jazz Bass / Jedson Spooncaster / Squire Tele + Strat (Available on request)
You are welcome to use your own or to hire one of our experienced in-house engineers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Console & Workstation
- SSL AWS 900 – 24 CH analogue desk with DAW controller function with full SSL automation and total recall options.
- Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard Summing Mixer – 12 CH valve summing mixer.
- ProTools HDX System 32 I/P + 32 O/P
- Burl B2 Bomber DAC
- Apple Mac G5 – Dual 2G processors
- Emagic Unitor 8
- EMI Chandler TG12345 Curvebender Mix Bus EQ
- EMI Chandler TG12413 Zener Limiter
- 4 channels x Neve 1073 DPX
- Lexicon 300L with LARC
- API 3124+ 4 stereo mic pre
- Pendulum OCL-500 Vacuum Tube Compressor
- Massenburg GML 8200 Stereo EQ
- Universal Audio 2-1176
- Fairchild Reverbatron 2 Spring Reverb
- 2 x EMI Chandler Germanium Pre Amps
- Thermionic Culture – Early Bird 4 – 4 Ch Mic Pre
- Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Amp
- Thermionic Culture – Mastering Phoenix Valve Compressor
- 2 x Empirical Labs EL8s-X Distressor with Brit Mod
- 2 x dbx 160 compressors
- TL Audio Dual valve EQ1
- Lexicon PCM70 multi effect processors
- Eventide H3000-D/SE Ultra Harmoniser
- 1 x API 10 Way 500 Series Rack- 2x Vintage API 550a EQs,2 x Burl B1 Pre Amps, 2 x Burl B1D Pre Amps, 2 x API Classic VP312 Pre Amps, 2 x OSA MP-1 Pre Amps